Duke University Athletics receives several hundred requests for memorabilia, merchandise, and autographs from
organizations each year. We wish it were possible to honor all of them, since most are very worthwhile causes. Please
know that all requests are given serious consideration. Due to the high volume of requests we receive, however, the
following guidelines must be followed to assure fairness.
Duke University Athletics focuses its efforts on assisting organizations that benefit youth activities, disadvantaged youth,
children’s medical related causes, and educational programs for youth.
We are unable to donate complimentary tickets for all Duke University athletics events. Tickets may be requested for
Football, Women’s Basketball and Olympic sports. Upon receipt of such requests, Duke University Athletics will contact the appropriate
individual to finalize details of the ticket purchase. Memorabilia is limited to ONE request per organization during the Duke
Athletics fiscal year (July 1st through June 30th).
Requests related to the following are ineligible to receive donations:
- Requests that would benefit students in grades 9-12, preparatory school, or junior college are not permitted due to
- Proceeds or actual item may NOT be provided to a high school, preparatory school or 2-year college for any
reason. This includes any elementary and middle schools that are financially tied and/or associated with a high
- Requests for operating expenses and other monetary donations.
- Business award and incentive programs (for profit).
We require a formal donation request submitted in writing on organizational letterhead including the nature of the event,
501 (c)3 status, date of the event and how the item will be used (i.e. silent auction, raffle, etc.). The Duke University
Athletics Donation Request Form must also be completed in its entirety. All donation requests must follow the guidelines
There is a separate approval process for all Men’s Basketball memorabilia, autographs and ticket requests. Interested charitable organizations should contact the Men’s Basketball Office (919-613-7500) for additional information.
Processing Your Request
- Request must be submitted at least four weeks prior to the date for which the donation is needed, no exceptions.
- Requests must be made through this online form. Please refrain from emailing, faxing, and mailing donation requests.
- Once approval has been granted for requests of autographed equipment, requestor will be contacted to provide the
item to be autographed (baseball, soccer ball, etc.). Requestor will also be responsible for any return postage
charges associated with shipping pieces of equipment.
- Due to the high volume of requests we receive, we are unable to provide status reports for submitted donation
Donations are mailed at least 2 weeks before the item is needed for the event. Considerations for donations include:
type of event, non-profit status, projected proceeds raised, past donations, and beneficiary (i.e., children’s
medical related causes, youth activities, and educational initiatives).
All decisions made by the Duke University Athletics Association are final.